Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tis' the season for snacking! Butterscotch Nibblers


Butterscotch Nibblers

12 oz. bag butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
8 cups Chex cereal
12 oz. bag chocolate chip

Put the cereal in a large bowl. In the microwave, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a medium size bowl, stirring every minute or so until smooth. Pour melted mixture over cereal and stir until well coated. Add chocolate chips and stir quickly so they don't melt completely. Dump onto cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil. Chill for about 30 minutes and break into pieces. Store in a covered container. Enjoy!!

This is one of my favorite sweet snacks to make and eat (more like devour) over the holidays, plus it's a great gift to share with fellow sugar lovers. I can't get enough of the butterscotch/peanut butter flavor and the crunch of the cereal, and best of all...the chunks of chocolate you get from the chocolate chips! It's a good thing this make a rather large batch or I'd probably have to make this twice a week. Super simple and super tasty!!

No comments:

Followers

About Us

I'm a stay-at-home mom of four and to stay sane I cook, bake, and what I like to call 'make' (anything that doesn't require cooking or baking, but is edible). I spend the majority of my time in the kitchen, whether it be cleaning or creating. My newest passion is cakes and cupcakes.